Tuesday, September 21, 2004

 

Struggle: what it is?

My struggle is to make others see that in their pursuit of narrow selfish ends, they are destroying the spirit of the institution. In this I seem to be sitting in judgement over them. That's why they do not listen to me.

Instead, I can ask them what their vision is. What do they see as the spirit of the institution? What do they see as their role? Are they achieving it?

If they answer these questions honestly, there is room for dialogue. If they don't, the real issue is their location in the scheme of things. They are there to serve their own ends. It is better to ask them to leave or I should part with their company.

If I try to resolve my conflicts, it is not going to help. I must go to the root of the conflict. Then there is a way out.

Let me see what happens.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?