Monday, October 18, 2004

 

Friends and poets

I spent an evening with two of my brothers-in-law, who are past 60, who love a drink or two and love poetry. We all share a love for Hindi film lyrics as well. As the evening wore on, we moved from spirit to spirit, floating lightly. As my favourite numbers were sung, they pointed out that these numbers were all set to tune by a musician, who was known for racy music. Surprisingly, my favourites were all soft and romantic numbers, set to very classical tunes by the particular musician. Not many of his fans would recognise these as his creations.

Then the older of the Bil recited the first line of a verse extempore:-

"This tavern turns old dandies into simple souls"

and asked me to complete the second line. My offering was this:-

"And the world calls this intensity by the name of inebriation."

He soon fell asleep. The other Bil decided to stay on. I came home, mortally afraid that my wife Mads would make mincemeat of me. I live for another day!
Comments:
She falls asleep at the first chance or pesters me to leave as it is getting late. It's always getting late. But yea, will do that for sure. Thanks Ci.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?