Monday, November 29, 2004

 

Systems and people

It seems to me that willy nilly I don't pay attention or respect to the people around me, if I find that they are not in tune with the Great Cause around which we gather. The Cause matters more than the people.

As I reflect I realise that the Cause exists because people are not cast in that mould. I am in Education and the cause is to contribute to the regeneration of our dormant society through it. People in power are interested in feeling powerful out of their nagging and petty little insecurities. If they don't experience power, they come face to face with their shallowness. That upsets them no end.

I sit in judgement over them, deride them and in my mind cancel them out. When I come face to face, I don't show them any respect, though never found wanting in courtesies. That is annoying for them. I said to myself the other day that all this has turned out to be self defeating. Let me try something instead.

So the other day, I showed respect alongwith courtesies to the Grand Old Man of our system. Let him enjoy his pomposity, he has a right to it. I will not get down to the petty level of grudging him his pettiness. Then with respect I stated my views very clearly and just as I was getting a little sharp, I stopped myself. Let me fully enjoy the freedom of stating where I am and what I want. That's what I did - trying to deal with my own pettiness.

I think there is some hope there.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?