Wednesday, December 28, 2005

 

Fighting with myself

From time to time
I look for my past.
Sometimes I find it
Breathing down my neck
Dictating what I should be doing.
At times I lose sight of it
And feel a lot lighter.
Then I hear the familiar footfalls.
As they come nearer
The whispers grow louder
- But whispers still –
Telling me what I should have
Done and not. At such times
I find myself listening with strained
Ears to every small note and get tired
Only to fall asleep.
Sometimes I fight with him
And tell him to shut up.
I can’t bear to hear all
Those curses and all
Those murky burps
The burning sensation inside.
When it is not there, I look for it
And when my Past stares me in the face
I turn away and avoid.
I have heard that this ghastly creature
Can also be friendly. I don’t believe it
Nor do I want to try it. Don’t you think so?
Comments:
Thanks for your lovely poem...I felt at the start its me here but once I reached

Those murky burps

I was not sure..What did you mean by that
 
The murky burps are the things that I regret somewhat. Should I have done it or let it go? Uncertain about my actions, the doubts and regrets try to come up like burps.
 
Loved this line - 'when my Past stares me in the face'. To think of it, it/he/she is quite friendly. It is a matter of perspective, isn't it?

And by the way kaka, why haven't we discussed writing...ever?

Ketaki
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?